Invest ESSEX is an investment promotion agency (IPA) that encourages inward investment and foreign direct investment into Essex – a county which presents a unique location opportunity to companies expanding in the UK and European markets.
Our mission is to make your business expansion or relocation as hassle-free as possible, helping you to minimise project costs and risks. We also provide information and contacts businesses need to locate their ideal property solutions.
Read more about what we do here:
We support established businesses with our team of experienced business advisors offering business support and consultancy services across Essex.
Whether you are looking for one-off business advice, to resolve a specific business issue, or in-depth and ongoing business consultancy to develop a great business idea, our team of highly experienced business advisors will work with you to understand your business issues and ideas. We will help you formulate a SMART action plan and will walk alongside you through the process.
Find out how we can help achieve your business ambitions:
Yes, our website offers hundreds of successful stories from businesses we have worked with in Essex.
See our successful clients here:
Our property portfolio contains the most up-to-date listings for all the properties within Essex. We have comprehensive information about each property available at the click of a button in our property database.
Search for commercial properties here:
Invest ESSEX also operates and manages the Ongar Business Centre (OBC). The centre offers a stimulating, supportive and managed working environment for 26 businesses.
Ongar Business Centre offers business work-spaces to SMEs, start-ups and entrepreneurs. Tenants at OBC have access to a full range of business support services including expert advice, academic and commercial contacts.
Find out more here:
Essex as a key business location
Essex presents a unique location opportunity to companies expanding in the UK and European markets.
Benefiting from the UK’s highly advantageous business environment, Essex offers direct access to the business and technology hubs of London and Cambridge, a high-quality workforce, unrivalled global connectivity and the UK’s multimodal logistics gateway: four international deep sea ports, six rail freight terminals and the UK’s third largest cargo airport (London Stansted) in Essex.
But, uniquely within the UK, Essex combines these value-adding advantages with potentially massive cost savings – enabling your company to save money without compromise.
Major property cost savings:
• 74% versus the City of London
• 54% versus London
• 26% versus England’s major cities
Major labour cost savings:
• 48% versus the City of London
• 21% versus London
• 5% versus England’s major cities
Superb transport connectivity:
• City of London: 28 minutes by train (from Chelmsford, Essex)
• London Stansted Airport: 30 minute drive (from Chelmsford, Essex)
• London Heathrow Airport: 1 hour 12 minutes by Crossrail (from Shenfield, Essex)
• All London Airports within 1 hour 15 minutes (from Chelmsford, Essex)
A large-scale, specialist workforce:
• 103,000 financial and business service workers in Essex
• 142,000 Essex-based London commuters
• 688,000 London finance cluster workers
Essex is located at the heart of the London-Stansted-Cambridge Innovation Corridor, positioning businesses within Europe’s largest Life Sciences and Healthcare technologies cluster.
Essex’s state-of-the-art research and development facilities as well as science parks offer fast connections to both Cambridge and London via the M11 motorway. London Stansted Airport also offers direct flights to Europe, North America, and Asia.
These strategic business locations provide Life Sciences and Healthcare companies with direct access to world-class people, knowledge, funding and collaborative networks, at significantly lower cost than either Cambridge or London can offer.
Visit our life sciences page for more info:
Through our network of selected professional partners, Invest ESSEX can provide direct access to the expert support required for a successful business relocation or expansion, combined with invaluable local knowledge of the Essex and UK business and regulatory environment.
Services available from our partners include accountancy, banking, insurance, legal, commercial property, property fit-out, serviced business accommodation, workforce recruitment and training. All of our partners are based in Essex or have a significant presence in the county. A choice of service providers is available.
For more information about our partners, see here:
FinTech, Financial Technology, is a term used to describe the delivering of financial services and products to consumers through the use technology. This relates to all areas of finance such as banking, insurance, investing etc. FinTech companies use technology to help improve the products and services for both consumers and businesses.
FinTech allows companies to create more personalised products for their consumers and deliver quick and convenient access to financial services. FinTech also includes PayTech, InsurTech and Regtech.
See more here:
Excellent road and railway infrastructure in Essex is able to provide rapid transportation of cargo and freight throughout the UK and Europe. Essex has access to:
- 4 major sea ports including London Gateway Port, Port of Tilbury, Harwich International Port and Purfleet ports which offers large freight capacities to handle all cargo types
- 6 London Airports including London Stansted Airport, London Southend Airport, Heathrow Airport, Gatwick Airport, London City Airport and Luton Airport
- 3 major distribution sites including DP World Logistics Park, Thames Enterprise Park and London Distribution Park which has significantly more logistics space than other UK portcentric locations of up to 700 acres of space available
- Direct access to the M25 London motorway, connecting to UK and European markets
Find out more here:
Located at the heart of the London-Stansted-Cambridge Innovation Corridor, Essex is home to world-class technology companies, research parks, skilled workers and excellent university research.
Key high-growth markets served include:
• Aerospace and space
• Defence and security
• Medical technology
• Advanced automotive
• Direct access to Europe’s best research universities and knowledge, including Anglia Ruskin University and The University of Essex
• Leading technology businesses, including Teledyne e2v, Raytheon and BAE Systems
See what else Essex offers for the High-Tech industry here:
Invest ESSEX helps companies to relocate or expand in Essex. Our work is delivered by the Let’s Do Business Group and is jointly funded by Essex County Council (ECC) and the European Union’s European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
If you would like to find out more, please email us at email@example.com