Invest ESSEX is a specialist business-support agency, helping companies to relocate or expand in Essex.
Working with selected business partners, we deliver a ‘total solution’ for expanding companies, providing dedicated assistance from the initial ‘location evaluation’ stage through to start of business operations and beyond. Our dedicated ‘aftercare’ service continues to assist growing business long after their initial investments in Essex.
Our mission is to make your business expansion as hassle-free as possible, helping you to minimise project costs, risks and timeframes.
Working with carefully selected business partners, Invest ESSEX offers a comprehensive support service for your business expansion in Essex:
- Our expert, in-house team benefits from experience supporting international and UK businesses of all sizes, operating across all industry sectors
- Our approved private-sector partners provide a wide range of high-value business, professional and financial services
- Our local government partnerships provide direct access to key local authority functions and decision making processes, including planning and business regulation
- Available support includes our bespoke, impartial and free-of-charge property service – providing the information and contacts that businesses need to identify their ideal property solutions
Our range of special support services include:
- Understanding the UK business and regulatory environment
- Evaluating and selecting your ideal business location, site and property
- Setting up and planning your UK operation (financial and legal advice)
- Building your local supply chain and business network
- Recruiting and training your high-quality workforce
- Accessing university knowledge and R&D expertise
- Identifying potential sources of business funding
Essex presents a unique location opportunity to companies expanding in the UK and European markets.
Benefiting from the UK’s highly advantageous business environment, Essex offers direct access to the business and technology hubs of London and Cambridge, a high-quality workforce, unrivalled global connectivity and the UK’s multimodal logistics gateway: four international deep sea ports, six rail freight terminals and the UK’s third largest cargo airport (London Stansted) in Essex.
But, uniquely within the UK, Essex combines these value-adding advantages with potentially massive cost savings – enabling your company to save money without compromise.
Major property cost savings:
- -74% versus the City of London
- -54% versus London
- -26% versus England’s major cities
Major labour cost savings:
- -48% versus the City of London
- -21% versus London
- -5% versus England’s major provincial (‘core’) cities
Superb transport connectivity:
- City of London: 28 minutes by train (Liverpool St station from Chelmsford, Essex)
- London Stansted Airport: 30 minutes (Drive time from Chelmsford, Essex)
- London Heathrow Airport: 1 hr 12 mins (Crossrail, from Shenfield, Essex)
- All London Airports: within 1 hour 15 mins (Drive time from Chelmsford, Essex)
A large-scale, specialist workforce:
- 103,000 financial and business services workers in Essex
- 142,000 Essex-based London commuters
- 688,000 accessible London finance cluster workers
Located at the heart of the London-Stansted-Cambridge Innovation Corridor, Essex is home to world-class technology companies, research parks, knowledge workers and university research capabilities.
Key high-growth markets served include:
- Aerospace and space
- Defence and security
- Medical technology
- Advanced automotive
- Direct access to Europe’s best research universities and knowledge: the University of Cambridge and Imperial College London are both ranked in Europe’s top 3 for Engineering and Technology, and Life Sciences. The University of Essex ranks amongst the world top 2% of universities and the UK’s top 20 universities for research excellence (Times Higher Education rankings; REF 2014)
- Leading technology businesses, including e2V, Raytheon, Ipeco, Selex ES and BAE Systems
Through our network of business partners, we can broker access to a wide range of business funding solutions, including:
- Bank loans
- Venture capital finance
- Government grants and incentives
- An assessment of available grant funding for your business and introduce you to our network of grant funders
- Alternative commercial finance to both new and established businesses
For more information on our funding and finance solutions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Let’s Do Business Group supports established businesses with its team of experienced business advisors offering business support and consultancy services across Essex.
Whether you are looking for one-off business advice, to resolve a specific business issue, or, in-depth and ongoing business consultancy to develop a great business idea our team of highly experienced business advisors will work with you to understand your business issues and ideas, help you formulate a SMART action plan and will walk alongside you through the process.
To find out how our Business Consultants and Advisors could help you and your business achieve your business ambitions contact Dave Watson on 07526 171257 or Graham Johnson on 07718 478447 email email@example.com.
Our property portfolio contains the most up to date listings of all the properties within our geography. Comprehensive information about each property in our property database can be downloaded or searched at the click of a button.
Access the property search portal here.
Yes, our website offers hundreds of stories of businesses who have a success story from being based in Essex.
Access our case studies here: http://investessex.co.uk/studies
Through our network of selected professional partners, Invest ESSEX can provide direct access to the expert support required for a successful business relocation or expansion, combined with invaluable local knowledge of the Essex and UK business and regulatory environment.
Services available from our partners include accountancy, banking, insurance, legal, commercial property, property fit-out, serviced business accommodation, workforce recruitment and training. All of our partners are based in Essex or have a significant presence in the county. A choice of service providers is available.
For more information about our partners, click the link: http://investessex.co.uk/partners