Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) is an innovative global university, named as one of the top 350 institutions in the world in The Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings 2018. The university welcome students from 185 countries.
Research at Anglia Ruskin
Anglia Ruskin University is recognised for its leading research. There are over 1,000 academics with specialist expertise in a variety of research and innovation-related fields who have strengths in areas including:
- Built environment and future cities
- Crime and policing
- Entrepreneurship and applied innovation
- Medical devices and technology
- Music therapy
- Social inclusion and marginalised communities
- Sustainability and environment
Anglia Ruskin University’s services for businesses
The university offers businesses a comprehensive business support package that includes:
- Academic consultancy
- Access to funding opportunities and business networking events
- Access to specialist games software and high spec development and rendering machines through our REACTOR incubation space
- Clinical trials
- Research, lab and conference facilities to carry out contracted and commissioned research as well as collaborative research
- IP and proof of concept support
- Knowledge Exchange programmes, including Knowledge Transfer Partnerships and KEEP+
- Office accommodation and start-up space at one of our innovation centres
- Professional development and training including, degree apprenticeships, sponsored PhDs and student/graduate placements and internships
Situated on Anglia Ruskin’s Chelmsford campus, the MedBic is their business innovation centre for medical and advanced engineering companies. Early stage businesses can take advantage of physical and virtual office packages, access to an internship programme, engineering facilities and networking opportunities. The MedBic also runs sectoral business seminars and monthly networking events to support knowledge exchange between occupants, academics and external partners. ARU’s next innovation centre will be opening in Harlow during 2019.
For information about the MedBic see here.
Anglia Ruskin’s work with Invest ESSEX
Invest ESSEX has a good relationship with Anglia Ruskin having assisted the university with some projects.
Recently Invest ESSEX’s Inward Investment Manager for the Life Sciences, David Russell-Graham, assisted with the MedTech Accelerator ‘Health Hack’ event that took place at Anglia Ruskin University. At the event innovators were invited to present new ideas for novel medical technology solutions that prevent or reduce avoidable harm to patients across hospitals, primary care, community care, mental health services and care homes. The most promising projects were then invited to apply to the MedTech Accelerator for further funding and support.
For more information about the MedTech Accelerator see here.
For more information about Invest ESSEX’s work in the Life Sciences sector see here.
The university has campuses in three vibrant cities: Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough. Each one is a short journey from London and easily accessible by train or bus from the capital.
Stansted airport is less than an hour from ARU’s Chelmsford and Cambridge campuses.
For those visiting from continental Europe the Eurostar arrives straight into London St Pancras train station, from where you can simply take another train to get to ARU’s campuses.
For more information about Anglia Ruskin University see here.