Chelmsford Business Park is located in the centre of the county of Essex in the UK. It offers a prestige location in Chelmsford, the UK’s newest city.
The business park offers easy access to key business locations such as deep sea ports, business parks, international airports, road and rail links. It provides businesses with a choice of modern industrial and office accommodation in a low-density landscaped environment.
Design and build accommodation in a city location
- Strategic location adjacent to the A12 corridor.
- 30 minutes from London Stansted Airport.
- 35 minutes from M11 motorway.
- Less than an hour from east coast and Thames Gateway deep sea ports.
- Home to national and regional players in financial services, technology, research and specialist manufacturing.
- Close to the amenities of a city.
- Bespoke design and build accommodation.
The business park is situated on the eastern edge of the city of Chelmsford, approximately 35 minutes by train from London.
Chelmsford Business Park is just a few minutes from the A12 trunk road that provides easy access to key business and logistical locations and the national motorway network. Location advantages include:
- 30 miles by road from London Stansted Airport with direct access to 150 European destinations and 200 cargo destinations worldwide.
- 18 miles by road from M25 and national motorway network.
- 28 miles by road from the Port of Tilbury, Europe’s only specialist ShortSea terminal, handling 120,000 containers each year.
- 45 miles by road from Harwich International Port for fast container access to European markets.
- 50 miles by road from Felixstowe, one of Europe’s largest container ports.
- Convenient access by road to Cambridge (1hour 15 minutes), Birmingham (2 hours 30 minutes) and Manchester (4 hours).
- Main line rail station at Chelmsford (2 miles)
Businesses in the park
Chelmsford Business Park is home to a mix of successful national, international and regional businesses. These include:
- ebm-Papst UK, the UK headquarters of the world’s leading fan and motor manufacturer.
- IFDS Group, specialised shareholder and investor servicing solutions for the global collective investment industry.
- Clifford Thames Group, a leading edge provider of consultancy and support services to the global automotive industry.
- Barratt Eastern Counties, a leading UK property developer.
Businesses on the site can benefit from the city’s strong manufacturing and financial services heritage and can draw on the pool of skilled knowledge and administrative workers in the area.
Office and industrial properties
Chelmsford Business Park has been skillfully and meticulously designed to ensure companies benefit from a first-class development which is regarded as an aspirational work location. The benefits include:
- Only 25 acres (10.11 ha) of the 40 acre (16.19 ha) site allocated for this low density scheme, ensuring each building benefits from a well landscaped environment.
- Masterplan in place for the landscaped site and road and service infrastructure.
- New buildings will be constructed on a design and build basis
- Typical floor areas upwards of 450 square metres with generous car parking standards.
- Masterplan blends different types of building for office, technology, research and development, specialist manufacturing and ancillary storage.
Chelmsford is a highly desirable community with a wide range of quality housing, good shopping facilities in the town centre and nearby Lakeside and Freeport complexes.
The city has well regarded private and state educational establishments and boasts excellent leisure facilities, including golf courses, sailing facilities, private member sports clubs and other recreational amenities.
The completed buildings on the business park reflect the high level of design and specification which form a core part of the development brief for the scheme. This ethos will be carried
forward into the final phases of the development when companies will be able to specify their precise requirements on a design and build basis.